This morning I listened to a sermon by Billy Graham titled, "Why you must be careful in your old age. "
It was a good reminder that life does not end at 80. (or even 86) He spoke of the blessings we find in this age, but then he stressed some things we must be careful of now, in our senior years.
- Thoughts that our usefulness is over.
- Regrets for things undone, unsaid, or times we hurt others.
- Becoming comfortable with religion and deciding it's not necessary to keep growing closer to God.
- Letting routine replace prayer.
- Believing that being alone is being abandoned.
- Underestimating your power to encourage others
- Living in the past.
Stop looking backward and start looking upwards
I am old, but I'm not done.
The past is spent, but my race not run.
I know there's more God's plans control
more love to give, more room to grow,
Our aches and pains, this world says,
give us the right to hide our heads,
and give a reason not to bear another's burdens -
not to care.
As the years leave me a feeble frame,
I will ever call on Jesus name.
And walk then closer every day
in the strength of Him
who leads the way.
God knows our hearts. He plans our days .
He walks ahead. He knows our ways,
He is the light on darkest days.
Yes!
I'll lean on Him and give Him praise.Love
Encourage
Forgive
Believe
Isaiah 46:
I am He,
I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you. As I write please know that this blog is meant to encourage people in their walk with the Lord. I hope it accomplishes that, at least some of the time.
You can reply to dnrgco@msn.com