What lies behind the tart retort
the angry stare
unmoving wall
dark sheltered soul, a stranger there?
a twisted tree
in desert hot
bone dry and bare
by choice, or not?
And do you really want to know
what brought him here
with hurts unhealed
with grief and pain
he cannot show?
If we walk in the sandals of that stranger
and see his soul laid bare,
but then listen to his maker
we may find our brother there.
Can I assume a pain,
a wounded heart
or just a person torn apart
by circumstance of birth or wealth
lest I then judge his inner heart.
Assume goodness
though hidden from sight
Assume the best of the man
and see if you are right.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you. As I write please know that this blog is meant to encourage people in their walk with the Lord. I hope it accomplishes that, at least some of the time.
You can reply to dnrgco@msn.com